About the IRCC Caregiver Program
The IRCC Caregiver program is the main route to support foreign caregivers with an application for permanent residence and a work permit. The program is capped at 2750 applicants annually in each stream. Processing times are in excess of 12 months for an occupation specific work permit (not limited to a single employer).
In order to support a foreign caregiver's application for permanent residence and a work permit under this program a prospective Canadian employer will need to:
- Make a valid job offer to the caregiver
- Offer at least the prevailing wage for the position (depends on the location of work)
- Have a payroll account in Canada
- Have a genuine need for a caregiver for a child/children or person with medical needs (including seniors)
In order to qualify the caregiver will need to:
- Pass a Language Test - English or French (minimum CLB 5)
- Have completed the equivalent of at least a 1 year post-secondary education credential (and have the education assessed by a designated organization)
- Have a valid job offer from an eligible employer
- Have experience as a caregiver, with proof of that experience
The caregiver program allows applicants to include their spouse and accompanying dependent children. Caregivers and their families must also meet admissibility requirements (criminal, medical, etc).
To read more: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/caregivers/child-care-home-support-worker.html