Last updated: March 6, 2020
WHO WE ARE?
Babel Immigration Law Professional Corporation is a law firm engaged exclusively in the practice of immigration law.
As legal professional, we are committed and obliged to protect your personal information by rules of professional conduct and privacy law. The rules of professional conduct impose duties and obligations in relation to the confidentiality of information provided to us by our clients. We oblige our contractors and agents whose services we use, to comply to and obey these obligations.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
As a law firm, we may collect and process different types of personal information in the course of operating our business or to provide our services. It may include the following:
- Your full name, and your contact information (phone, email, address),
- Information necessary to identify you and/or verify your identity,
- Information about your organization and its directors, officers, employees, clients etc.
- Information necessary to provide you legal advice,
- Whether you subscribe to or unsubscribe from our newsletter,
- Your payment information,
- Website usage and other technical information such as details of visits to our websites or information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies,
- Any other information provided to us.
Please do not provide us with your confidential information until we confirmed in writing that we represent you or your organization in relation to your legal interests. Please understand that unsolicited emails sent to us from non-clients do not create a solicitor/client relationship as we have not been retained by you for any specific immigration action or application. Personal information provided this way are not privileged and, therefore, may be subject to disclosure to third parties.
HOW DO WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
BIL uses and discloses personal information generally in the following ways:
- To provide our legal and related services (legal grounds: contract performance, consent, legitimate interest),
- To conduct our business operations (legal grounds: contract performance, consent, legitimate interest),
- To facilitate our website (legal grounds: contract performance, consent, legitimate interest),
- To communicate with our clients and potential clients (legal grounds: contract performance, consent, legitimate interest),
- To fulfil our legal rights and obligations (legal grounds: legal obligations),
- For marketing our services (legal grounds: consent, legitimate interest). Please be advised that in case of marketing emails such a newsletter you may unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the link which you can find in every marketing email we send.
- For sending our newsletter (legal grounds: legitimate interest).
WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may share your Personal Information with third parties who help us providing legal or related services, administrating our website (hosting, maintenance, and other related services), or providing newsletter or marketing services for us and on our behalf.
Please note that we limit the information provided to these service providers to what is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions. Confidentiality and protection of this information are guaranteed in our contracts.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use our website. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or another lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights. We may disclose personal information or other information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with applicable laws, in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP PERSONAL INFORMATION?
At BIL, we keep personal information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the relevant purposes set out in this Policy Privacy and in order to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We protect your personal information by maintaining physical, procedural and technical security for personal information. Please note that transmission of your personal information over the Internet or electronic storage of your data does not guarantee that your information is completely secured.
WHERE DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
BIL is committed to ensure that your personal information is accurate, current and complete for the purposes set up in this Policy. You have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. You may also ask us to withdraw your consent to receive our newsletter or marketing emails. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, in this situation, you may not be able to use some parts of our website.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make an access or correction request in relation to your personal information, to exercise any applicable rights, or to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
Babel Immigration Law Professional Corporation
277 Lakeshore Rd E, Suite 408
Oakville, ON L6J 1H7