ABOUT BABEL IMMIGRATION LAW
WORKING WITH YOU TO FIND CLARITY IN IMMIGRATION
Get clarity on immigration matters
Book an appointment with Babel Immigration Law
Representative Presentations and Media
- Presenter, ‘Ask the Experts’ OBA Institute, February 2019
- Invited Speaker before the UK Commons Select Committee for Science and Technology Parliamentary Session, May 2018 https://parliamentlive.tv/Event/Index/61182602-9d77-4cb1-856a-7fd37073cbc4
- Interviewee, “What a Merit-Based Immigration System Would Really Look Like.” The Takeaway, WNYC and Public Radio International. Radio interview. March 2, 2017 http://www.wnyc.org/story/what-would-merit-based-immigration-system-look/, Spring 2017
- CBA National Immigration Conference, Toronto, June 2017 (Panel: Electronic Travel Authorizations,”eTA”)
- Frequent speaker at the OBA Immigration Section Continuing Professional Development Programs (2015 to present)
- Co-Chair, ‘Pathways to Power’ In-House Counsel, Women’s Law Forum and Corporate Counsel OBA Sections event (Sept 2016)
- Presenter, Canadian Employee Relocation Council (“CERC”) winter 2016 on Express Entry;
- Chair, ‘Ask the Experts – Global Skills Strategy’ Panel, February 2017
- Part-time lecturer, “Corporate Immigration Law Course.” Fall 2014, 2015 and 2016, at University of Ottawa.
- Co-chair, “Pathways to Power: General and In-House Counsel.” Panel presentation, Ontario Bar Association’s Women Lawyers Forum and Canadian Corporate Counsel Association’s Ontario Chapter, Toronto, Ontario, September 26, 2016.
- Chair, “Key Employment Law and Recruitment Issues for the Immigration Lawyer.” Panel presentation, Ontario Bar Association, Ontario, Canada, June 21, 2016.
- Chair, “Start-up Visa.” Panel presentation, National Angel Capital Organization (NACO) Angel Conference, Toronto, Ontario, Spring 2016.
- Panelist, “Navigating the New Express Entry Program.” Panel presentation, Ontario Bar Association, Ontario, Canada, April 22, 2015.
- Panelist, “Global Skills Strategy: Insights After Three Months on the Ground.” Panel presentation, Ontario Bar Association, Toronto, Ontario, September 27, 2017.
- Panelist, “Electronic Travel Authorizations (eTAs).” Panel presentation, Canadian Bar Association National Immigration Law Conference, Ontario, Canada, June 9, 2017.
- Chair, “Ask the Experts – Global Skills Strategy.” Panel presentation, Canadian Employee Relocation Council, Ontario, Canada, February 23, 2017.
- Panelist, “Citizenship Law Update – What’s in Force Now, What Should We Expect Down the Road?” Panel presentation, Ontario Bar Association’s Institute: “Ask the Expert”: Critical Updates on OINP, Citizenship Act, Express Entry and More, Ontario, Canada, February 7, 2017.
- Panelist, “Express Entry.” Panel presentation, Canadian Employee Relocation Council, Toronto, Ontario, Winter 2016.
- Panelist, “Strategies for Successful Applications under the Provincial Nominee and Express Entry Programs.” Panel presentation, 25th Annual Immigration Law Summit, Law Society of Upper Canada, Toronto, Ontario, November 6, 2017.